Tuesday 21 June 2011

General Blackblood

Here is my life size bust of General Blackblood.
This bust is in hollow cast resin and filled with expanding foam.
Made by Timeslip Creations if I remember correctly.
I painted him in the current colours used by Clint Langley and added car seat modelling flock to his hat front, gold braid the the shoulder pads and made a V out of plastic card for the hat.
I also tunnelled out the inside of the bust, drilled out the left eye, added a green plastic lens and fitted lighting inside so the eye glows green.

A great bust this, and he guards the top of my stairs.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a really nice take on the character. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. This is one of my first sculpts, back when I worked at Timeslip Studios. Its ages since I have seen one as I never got one for myself. Darren Longthorn sculpted Joe Pineapples whilst I did Blackblood.
    Regards
    Jon Peck

    ReplyDelete